Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Music in America


The aspect of American culture I have chosen to discuss is music. Around the world, music is an important part of every culture; it is art that expresses emotions or thoughts, and is felt in the hearts of others. It is the same in America. In the American culture, there are many genres of music; pop, rap, punk, Christian, alternative, and many others. People enjoy all different kinds of music, and music is more important to some than others. Personally, I am highly impacted by music. My music has a deep meaning to me; every song makes me feel something. Whether it makes me happy and motivates me, relaxes me, or is so powerful in its impact that it changes my thoughts on something. In my opinion, good music is music that opens your mind and heart, that makes you think in some way; not just sounds that act as background noise. An example of a song that had an impact on me is Firework by Katy Perry. The line in this song that had the most impact on me was "don't you ever feel like a waste of space; you're original, cannot be replaced." When I was at my lowest, music was always one of the things that brought me back to my feet, and that line from Firework would run through my head. It may seem small, and you may think, Why would this have any impact on you? Yet, this line reminded me of my worth in times I had forgotten it. I believe that is significant. While not everyone is so impacted by music as I am, many people at least listen to music frequently, talk about music, and go to concerts. Music also brings in a substantial amount of money, through digital music on phones or other electronic devices, as well as the money people spend on concert tickets.


No comments:

Post a Comment