Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Broadway in America


    Here in America, we have created a musical theater called Broadway. Broadway is a live production of a movie with music in it. It is usually performed in big theaters around the country in America. Broadway was invented in New York City in 1750 but really took off in the 1900's. The area it was born in New York is now name the Theater District, for obvious reasons. Back then, the theater was about the actor on stage and not about all the glitz, glamour, and lighting. The theater has transformed into a way of entertainment than a way of hanging out and showing their level of society.
    Broadway is not for everyone to get engaged in. Sporty people like more sport related things. I talked to some of my friends and 2 out of 5 have seen one musical in their life. I, on the other hand, have seen many musicals. Some of them on Broadway, some of them school productions. I think I have seen more than 10 in my life time. Probably close to 20 productions. Broadway is a big deal. There are award ceremonies, called The Tony's, for the best Broadway productions in America. Different categories judge different productions and actors. I find that this award show is fascinating because I get to see the productions I would like to to see in the near future.      
  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment