Monday, November 30, 2015

Independent Reading Refelction

For my book this month I chose Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I know that it's a book that has been out for a while, but with the second movie coming out, I wanted to read it before I watched it. I enjoyed the book but was also angry with how it ended. This book is focused on a futuristic society that separates into districts which all surround one capital district. These regions sacrifice two teenagers per year to fight to the death in one arena. However, these districts are getting upset with the cruel treatment and are starting to rebel against the president and everything associated with him. However, the capitol is already one step ahead of the game and plans to kill their main leader, Katniss Everdeen. The whole book is a back and forth fight between the capitol and the districts. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys adventures and danger. This book is connected to american culture because it describes the futuristic society of America from the perspective of Suzanne Collins. The book turns America into Panem and turns a democracy into  a dictatorship.


No comments:

Post a Comment